Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Charles Darnay

Charles Darnay

       In my opinion I think that Charles Darnay is a loving, respectful, and regretful kind of man. To start off, Darnay is regretful because he thinks his Family has done wrong because they sided with the French. He wishes he could change his French name. He wants nothing to do with the French. He also doesn't want to be part of a family that causes him harm. Darnay is respectful because he does not stick his nose into other people's business. He only worries about himself and nobody else. I think I would be able to trust him with anything. This leads me to my next point. Darnay could be trusted with love. He is a very loving person and he is not afraid to share his feeling no for someone else. Dickens says, to these days when it's mostly winter in fallen latitudes, the world of a man had invariably gone one way- Charles Darnay's way- the way of the love of a woman" (Dickens 99). Darnay does not pressure himself into love. He lets love take him places.
           
  

No comments:

Post a Comment