Friday, October 2, 2015

Sacredness of the Ordinary

Joey Juliano
Period: 4
10-2-15

Sacredness of The Ordinary

          Something that is special to me? Well, there are many things that are special to me but if I had to pick I think I would have to go with my grandfather's medal from the Korean War. This is one object that is truly special to me. It may not be special to anyone but it holds a special place in my heart. The size of a quarter, bronze medal symbolizes the bravery my grandfather had to fight in his war. I am very proud to say that my grandfather is one of the many men to fight in this battle. Many men fought in the Koran War but not everyone came out with a medal, I find it fascinating that my grandfather received this medal. Although, it is not very big it holds a big place in my heart. This medal is one of the only things I have in remembrance of my grandfather. Every time I take a glimpse at this object I think how courageous my grandfather was to go across the world to fight for his country. I remember the perfectly when he gave me the medal. It felt like yesterday. I was just a kid so at the time I did not realize how important this medal was. As I grew older, it came to me that this was a very delegate item. Partially why I like it so much is because I love learning about past American wars. Especially the Word Wars and around that period of American history. Every time i walk into my room it is right there staring me into the eye. As I stare right back at it I think of what times were like in those days. Like how a 17 year old would be fighting in war instead of attending his Junior year in high school. It amazes me how these teenage kids would have to go across the world and fight for freedom. My grandfather was a young kid fighting in this war. With very training e went on a tour and came back alive A couple months later he received the medal. In the future I plan on passing this medal down to my one of my kids. Hopefully this will be passes on many family generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment